Crisis plans and goals
Our plans 2008-2013
Crisis was shocked into existence over forty years ago by the revelation that in one of the world's most affluent countries people were still living on the streets. Today we remain shocked by the existence of homelessness. There are still too many people without a home of their own and, since 2010, all forms of homelessness have been on the rise. We are responding with a renewed commitment and action to end homelessness.
Our plans for the next five years are ambitious. We plan to increase the scope of our services, education, employment, housing and well-being and increase our reach by opening new Crisis Skylight centres in cities across the UK. Our strategy is designed to move people on, out of the instability and vulnerability of homelessness, to a stable and rewarding life. We will define, show and promote best practice in reaching stability and in sustaining recovery.
Our goals for the next five years
- Thriving inspirational centres in cities round the UK engaging and up-skilling homeless people
- People who are homeless gaining self-esteem and motivation, progressing to education and secure employment and out of homelessness
- Bringing volunteers and our clients to the centre of the organisation
- Permanent housing solutions which sustain and maintain formerly homeless people in homes they can call their own
- A reputation as an organisation challenging the circumstances that lead to homelessness, providing and advocating influential, innovative, and cost-effective solutions for single homeless people