Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
Crisis Skylight Edinburgh works with single people who are homeless and vulnerably housed.
We offer structured courses, taster sessions and one-to-one support to help people learn, develop skills and improve their confidence.
The overall aim of our work is to support individuals in their journey out of homelessness and towards independence.
Crisis Skylight Edinburgh recognises that every individual has different preferences, needs and abilities. We aim to value diversity positively and this is reflected in our services being accessible and inclusive to people from all sections of the community.
A cycle-maintenance workshop
Crisis Skylight Edinburgh services
We have an extensive outreach service delivering activities at locations in Edinburgh in partnership with organisations including the Salvation Army, Four Square, Streetwork and Bethany Christian Trust.
Taster Sessions 9-13 January
Come and try something new next year. There are new and different classes that you can choose from before our Winter Term timetable starts on 16 January.
See our January Taster Sessions timetable for details and descriptions of classes.
Winter term 16 January - 31 March 2017
Lots of exciting and useful courses to choose from including:
- IT & communications
- Creative writing
- Who owns Edinburgh?
Timetable and course descriptions
- Download our Winter timetable
- Download course descriptions
- Download information on where our classes take place
For the latest updates (including cancellations), see our noticeboard.
We look forward to seeing you in the new term!
Tour Guide Tasters
Find out what its like to be a tour guide with our exciting project with National Museums Scotland. Gain confidence and skills in communication and work towards a qualification. See our flyer for more information or contact Deborah Shaw on 0131 209 7700 email@example.com
Watch this film and see how Crisis' volunteers and donors helped thousands of homeless people enjoy warmth, comfort and companionship this Christmas.
Volunteer at Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Find out about the latest opportunities to volunteer
- or search for what's on offer using Volunteer Centre Edinburgh.
The Crisis staff team based in central Edinburgh is:
- Ann Landels, Director, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Simon Ashpool, Learning Manager, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Hazel Benza, Progression Manager, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Zain Kazi, Work and Learning Coach, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Julie Woods, Progression Coach, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Beth Wylie, Progression Coach, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Martin Barnes, Housing Coach, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Senga Armstrong, Core Skills Co-ordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Debbie Shaw, Arts Co-ordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Will Golding, Tutor, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Tim Randall, Tutor, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- James Gilfillan, Smart Skills Tutor, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Lia Hasson, ESOL Tutor, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Becky Robertson, Skylight Coordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Aimee Fletcher, Administrator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Neil Guy, Housing Practice Manager, Scotland
- Natalie Dewison, Housing Practice Co-ordinator, Scotland
- Elsie Riley, Fundraising Manager, Scotland
- Beth Reid, Policy Manager, Scotland
- Tim Davies, 50th Anniversary Coordinator, Crisis
- Jenny Whyte, Volunteer & Christmas Coordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Fiona Williamson, Christmas Coordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Tamara Horton, Christmas Coordinator, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
- Leah Lyons, Administration Assistant, Crisis Skylight Edinburgh
To find out more, please contact us on 0131 209 7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.