Finding and keeping a job
Crisis Employment Services can help you
If you are homeless and would like to receive support in getting into work, we have some services that may be able to help.
You will be assigned a dedicated coach, who will provide motivational support and quality information, advice and guidance, to help you move into employment. You will also be able to attend training and group sessions to help with managing finances and budgeting, interview skills, and how to disclose criminal records to potential employers. Your coach will work with you to carry out regular financial assessments and "better off" calculations, to see how you are getting on.
Once you are in sustained work our housing coach may be able to help you move into your own home in the private rented sector. They can help you to identify affordable properties, and will accompany you to viewings to help you ensure that properties meet all the proper standards and are right for you.
We have a number of different Employment Service projects, which are listed below.
If you are living anywhere in London, are work ready, and come from any of the following ‘A10' countries:
- Czech Republic
Contact Alicja Falska on 020 7426 5673 or Justyna Chromiec on 020 7426 5671.
Unlock Your Potential
For people who:
- Have a criminal conviction
- Are living in a hostel or temporary accommodation
- Are unemployed or working less than 16 hours a week
Contact Jill Wallis on 020 7426 8511 or Ed Egbukole on 020 7426 8506
Lone Parent Project
If you are a Lone Parent not in work and living in Temporary Accommodation in one of the following boroughs: Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Redbridge, Newham, Greenwich and Lambeth, you will be able to access the Lone Parent Service and receive:
- A highly flexible service, personal to you
- Time and space to focus on your future
- Help to become more confident and motivated
- Guidance for staying in control of finances, benefits and housing situation
- Assistance in finding training courses
- Help with CV preparation, interview technique and job hunting
- A range of exciting training courses and work placements at Crisis
- Access to financial grants to help you with training and a new job
Contact Adeola Osunbade on 07584 566 016
Skylight Members Project
If you are a member of Crisis Skylight, have a basic CV showing your volunteering or work experience, and are keen to move into work in the next three months, the Skylight Members Project can help you.
Contact Kim Pullan on 020 7426 5675