Resources for housing workers
Free specialist resources
Crisis's Housing Team are experts on developing and improving private renting services which support both landlords and tenants to establish lasting tenancies in decent properties. We use our experience to promote excellence across the sector through our free specialist resources.
We're always interested to hear whether you've used any of our material, how you've found it and whether its made a difference - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting up a private renting project?
- NEW: Social lettings agencies: How to plan, develop, launch and sustain an income generating SLA
- Universal Credit: How to support your clients and adapt your service - a guide for Help-to-Rent projects
- The cost of access- Sustaining and supporting private renting projects
- Spare to Share - Setting up and supporting shared tenancies in social housing
- Move on to private renting - A guide to training support staff
- Key principles - Guidance for service providers on the minimum standards that all PRS schemes should meet
- Private Renting Toolkit - Guidance on developing and improving a private renting access scheme
- Sharers' Toolkit
- Find a scheme - For more practical information contact a private renting scheme near you
Interested in specialised guides on the big issues in the sector?
- Private renting guides - Detailed guides on best practice on the big issues in the sector
- Private renting factsheets - Bite-sized summaries of best practice on renting challenges
- Private Renting Champions - Schemes who can help you find ways round some of the common challenges to housing homeless people in the private rented sector
Making the case for funding?
- Calculate the value for money of your service - Identify the cost effectiveness of your service to funders and supporters
- Collaborative research on the Private Rented Sector