Organisation: Social Firms UK
- Social Firms UK is the national support and membership organisation for the development of the Social Firm and Work Integration Social Enterprise (WISE) sector in the UK. A Social Firm is a market-led social enterprise set up specifically to create good quality jobs for people severely disadvantaged in the labour market and WISEs focus on improving their employment prospects though a wider range of work-based opportunities.
- Lobbies and raises awareness of the work of Social Firms UK to develop and grow the Social Firm and employability focused social enterprise sector in the UK
- Responsive, responsible and sensitive to members’ needs and business drivers
- Wide range of contacts and can broker real opportunities for their members
- Help with applying for investment competitions
- Business health checks followed by subsidised tailored business support
- Brokering members with new business opportunities.
- Any social enterprise that provides products and/or services and has a particular focus on the employment of people that are most disadvantaged in the labour market. Social Firms UK work with all sizes of enterprises and currently support 300 (approx) organisations.
- Full - for emerging & established Social Firms and employability focused social enterprises
- Associate - for other interested parties, including potential Social Firms Membership offers varies according to the type of organisation and its needs (the offer is based on the organisation’s answers to a short questionnaire).
Support all members receive
- Discounted rates for chargeable resources and Social Firms UK conference fees,
- Help and advice on becoming/running a Social Firm;
- Free toolkits, HR templates and sample documents
- Regular news updates on the sector
- Usage of the ‘Member of Social Firms UK’ Logo
There are additional benefits that Full members can also gain from, such as:
- Inclusion in national sales & marketing initiatives of Social Firm products and services;
- Representation at a national level, informing the lobbying of government
- Access to additional business development opportunities
- Brokering to private individuals who have finance, marketing, HR or business development skills
- Partnership opportunities with the private sector through Social Firms UK's Corporate Membership Scheme
For new members from the 3xE network we are offering a special discount of 25% discount on the usual membership fees, valid till 31.3.2013.
- Full membership: £95, which is reduced to £71.25 - quote 3xE Full
- Associate membership: £135, which is reduced to £101.25 - quote 3xE