What we offer at Crisis Skylight London
Courses and workshops
We offer a wide range of courses to help homeless and vulnerably housed people to restore their wellbeing, regain confidence, build their basic skills and raise their aspirations, including:
- Art, music and drama
- Skills like bike maintenance and carpentry
- Qualifications in literacy and numeracy, IT and English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- Yoga, pilates and karate
- Women only classes
To enroll on a course you can come along any day from Tuesday 2 to Friday 5 April between 10am and 12noon or 2pm and 4pm to talk to tutors and sign up. The reception team is available at 3pm every weekday for inductions to show you around Skylight.
How we work
- We have four terms during the year, each lasting ten weeks
- At the end of term we hold a performance event to showcase some of the workshops and performers
- We display the art work of all our members who are involved with creative arts in a week-long exhibition
- We also are open for a summer school in the month of July, offering short courses in creative and performing arts as well as activities to stimulate the body, mind and spirit
Employment advice and guidance
We offer a dedicated coach who will provide motivational support and quality information, advice and guidance to help you gain the training and skills to get the job you want.
Mental health services
We offer a weekly drop-in service where you can meet with one of the mental health co-ordinators to discuss any issues or worries you may have.
We have a training programme in the cafe. Find out more about the cafe and training.
How do I enrol for classes and access services?
The reception team are available at 3pm every weekday for inductions to show you around Skylight.
For more information about employment, mental health and opticians services please read the course description here.
How to find us
Crisis Skylight London, 66 Commercial Street, London E1 6LT
Telephone: (switchboard) 0300 636 1967
Fax: 0300 636 2012