Policy & Research
In over 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor
A five year project tracking the impact of policy change and economic developments in the UK.
Universal Credit FAQs
Answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about the Government's new benefit system.
LHA and shared housing
Two new pieces of research show there is a desperate shortage of housing for single people.
Latest Policy & Research
Research report: Crisis Pre-Employment Programme for A8 and A2 Nationals in London
Policy briefing: Crisis policy briefing: Housing benefit cuts
Crisis policy briefing on the cuts to Housing Benefit
- Crisis Briefing: Second Reading of the Welfare Benefits Uprating Bill (Jan, 2013)
- Hitting home: access schemes and the changes to the Local Housing Allowance (Dec, 2012)
- No room available: study of the availability of shared accommodation (Dec, 2012)
- The homelessness monitor: Scotland 2012 (Dec, 2012)
- The homelessness monitor: England 2012 (Dec, 2012)