Crisis launched its 50th anniversary in April 2017 with a major conference on ending homelessness in England, followed by subsequent events in Scotland and Wales.
Titled 'Ending homelessness: what needs to change?', the England event brought together inspirational speakers, renowned international thought leaders and policy and practice experts on homelessness to begin developing the practical and achievable solutions that will make ending homelessness a reality. Keynote speakers included Communities and local government secretary, Sajid Javid MP and Dr. Sam Tsemberis, the founder of Housing First.
Presentations from the conference
- How can Housing First help us end homelessness? (PPT) Dr Sam Tsemberis, Founder of Pathways to Housing
- Homelessness Projections: How Did We Get Here in the First Place? (PPT) Suzanne Fitzpatrick, Institute for Social Policy, Housing and Equalities Research
- How to define ‘ending homelessness’? (PPT) see also A proposed definition for ending homelessness (PDF)
- Changing the culture of homelessness services (PPT) Pat McArdle, Chief Executive, Mayday Trust
- Homelessness – what next for legal reform? (PPT)
Download the full conference agenda (PDF).
Follow the day's events as they happened
Read more about a plan to end homelessness.