East London Housing Partnership - New Leaf Scheme
DCLG has funded the "New Leaf" scheme which delivers upstream homeless prevention advice and support to PRS households who are threatened with homelessness between April 2017 and October 2020.
Who is eligible?
Early stage upstream advice, support and prevention for PRS tenants threatened with homelessness.
Referral will be by completing a referral form and emailing to NewLeaf@elhp.org.uk.
It is open to:-
- Single people and families
- Only open to people with recourse to public funds
- Low support needs (a person who is reasonably independent and capable of managing day to day with minimal support or a person with confidence and abilities to sustain their recovery/journey towards independence)
- People currently living in the PRS, not yet received NTQ or NOSP, but a risk is identified that accommodation could be at risk of being lost
- People currently living in the PRS, where there is still scope to assist and prevent homelessness (eg a person approaches with yet to expire NOSP) (referring staff to exercise their discretion)
- People with a local connection (defined by residency or employment) to the boroughs signed up to the project
- People who are not eligible for any other projects (excluding the housing register) run within the borough, or who cannot access them for whatever reason
- People must consent to data sharing
- Low needs floating support
- Tenancy training
- Personalised advice and support for PRS tenants
- Improving life-skills leading to opportunities in work and volunteering
- Tenancy sustainability
How are referrals made
New Leaf is open to all eligible households living in PRS accommodation, this includes households where the local authority would have a duty to rehouse the household if they lost their accommodation and those that the local authority would not have a duty to rehouse.
Referrals can be made by charity and voluntary sector organisations, faith groups, advice agencies such as Citizens Advice, Victim Support, debt advice agencies, Law Centres, Job Centres, local authorities, landlords or self-referrals by a household member
Organisation: East London Housing Partnership
Type of organisation: Local Authority & Social Landlords
Last updated: 20/11/2018 14:42
Local Authority: All London, City of London, Waltham Forest, Tower Hamlets, Barking & Dagenham, Newham, Redbridge, Havering London Borough Council