If you are homeless, have been homeless in the last two years, or are at risk of becoming homeless, we can help you.
To us, homeless means sleeping on the streets or living in a hostel, shelter or refuge. It also means living in supported housing because you have been homeless, sofa surfing, or living with friends/family as you have nowhere else to go. And it can mean living in a B&B, a squat or other temporary accommodation.
We offer free practical and creative workshops, individual advice and guidance sessions in local hostels, day centres and libraries.
Finding a home and settling in well
Our housing coaches can help you find a rented home. We provide Renting Ready training in managing money and bills, finding flatmates or DIY.
Finding work and applying for jobs
Our job coaches will help you with looking for and applying for work. They can help you with:
- searching for a job
- CV writing
- filling in application forms
- interview practice
They will work with you to create a personal training programme according to your skills and interests. Many of our courses lead to qualifications.
- Maths, English, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and computer classes to help you get qualifications and get ready for work
- Plastering, tiling and CSCS Card training and qualifications
- Volunteering opportunities both inside and outside of Crisis Skylight Coventry and Warwickshire
Looking after your health and wellbeing
Being homeless can have an impact on your mental and physical health. We can help rebuild your health and wellbeing through classes and social activities.
- Film, football, furniture restoration, gardening, drama, animation, sporting activities and relaxation to get you involved in fun activities
- Art to help with your wellbeing and to improve your skills.
Our classes are held in hostels and centres across Coventry. Some classes are open to everyone. Others are open only to people who attend the hostel or centre where the class is held. Some are for women only.
When you join us you become a member of Crisis Skylight Coventry & Warwickshire. Take a look at information for members to find out about how you can get involved, give us feedback and let us know how we're doing.
If you would like to know more please fill in the form below and we will get back to you within two working days.