If you are homeless, have been homeless in the last two years, or are at risk of becoming homeless, we can help you.
To us, homeless means sleeping on the streets or living in a hostel, shelter or refuge. It also means living in supported housing because you have been homeless, sofa surfing, or living with friends/family as you have nowhere else to go. And it can mean living in a B&B, a squat or other temporary accommodation.
What we offer
We offer free practical and creative workshops, individual advice and guidance sessions in local hostels, day centres and other venues.
Many of our classes can lead to qualifications. All of our activities are run by qualified tutors.
- Art, music and creative classes where you can meet people and explore new things you might enjoy.
- Training and education, including computing, cooking and food hygiene, so that you can gain new qualifications, improve your CV and feel ready for work.
- Technical skills classes can help you restore furniture, pass your driving theory test, learn how to tile, paint and decorate and much more.
- Renting Ready classes help you learn how to find, manage and fund your tenancy.
- Our coaches can help you get ready for work. They’ll work with you to improve your basic reading, writing and numeracy skills and develop your confidence and self-esteem.
- We can also help you to apply for jobs and volunteering opportunities.
Take a look at the timetable for information about our classes.
When you join us you become a member of Crisis Skylight South Yorkshire. Take a look at information for members to find out about how you can get involved, give us feedback and let us know how we're doing.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more, or if you are a support worker and would like to refer someone, you can get in touch by filling in the form below and we will get back to you within two working days.