About our Christmas event
Every Christmas we deliver a programme of events and support to people at one of the hardest times of the year. At Christmas and throughout the year, we help people directly out of homelessness, and campaign for the social changes needed to solve it altogether. We know that together we can end homelessness.
About the role
Wellbeing pack volunteers are vital to the smooth running of Christmas. Part of our Crisis at Christmas offer will be to prepare hampers and wellbeing packs for our guests and members. We are looking for volunteers to support the sorting and packing of these items for Christmas guests and members. This could include helping to sort donations into gift categories, to packing personalised hampers of items for guests. No experience needed, just a willingness to get involved and make a positive change this Christmas.
Please note, there are limited dates throughout December to support.
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- The tasks for wellbeing pack volunteers are varied, you may be asked to:
- Sort count and organise donations
- Prepare generic hampers/wellbeing packs
- Prepare individual hamper/wellbeing packs
- Sort and organise hampers/packs ready for delivery
- Complete e-learning to accompany the role
- Liaise with staff and other volunteers making deliveries
This list is not exhaustive, you could be asked to undertake any reasonable task
The skills & experience we are looking for
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
We strive to ensure that our services are welcoming, remain relevant and are fully accessible to everyone that we help and support. We are particularly welcoming of volunteers from diverse and other marginalised communities, as this helps us ensure the best experience for those that we are here to help. People who have lived experience of homelessness are also particularly welcome to apply.
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about guests and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness