Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are determined to end homelessness. We do it person by person and by influencing policies to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
Homelessness is devastating, leaving people vulnerable and isolated.
Crisis offers ground-breaking housing, health, education and employment services. We work with thousands of homeless people across the UK every year. We are determined campaigners. We draw on our research, partnerships and years of experience of working directly with homeless people to deliver change and a vision to end homelessness for good.
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Providing administrative support to the Crisis Skylight staff, facilitating the efficient running of the office, allowing us to support more people out of homelessness.
What you will gain
- Workplace experience in a national organisation
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to work with staff and fellow volunteers during the year and an invite to our member celebrations where you can help us recognise the achievements of our members
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other. opportunities and training may be available to you together with an induction
- A platform for building confidence.
- A reference from a reputable organisation.
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Data entry of registers and logs
- To respond to telephone requests and make telephone calls
- To help out with any other general administration that is needed
- Ensuring promotional material is up to date in all areas / venues
- To help with the office’s filing, scanning, shredding & recycling
- To help maintain the stationery and supplies cupboards ordering stock as required.
Who we are looking for
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the internet, email and Microsoft Office including Excel
- Interpersonal communication skills with a particular focus on listening
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgemental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness
We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times.
- Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed where appropriate
- We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and from people with disabilities