Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are determined to end homelessness. We do it person by person and by influencing policies to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
Homelessness is devastating, leaving people vulnerable and isolated.
Crisis offers ground-breaking housing, health, education and employment services. We work with thousands of homeless people across the UK every year. We are determined campaigners. We draw on our research, partnerships and years of experience of working directly with homeless people to deliver change and a vision to end homelessness for good.
Role outline and the difference you will make
Do you have a passion for visual art? Our art classes give our members the opportunity to learn new techniques, build their skills and confidence, and express themselves through art.
Our members are currently working on mosaics in tile.
What you will gain
- Gain experience communicating with people from diverse backgrounds through formal training and experience
- Share your passion for art
- The opportunity to be part of an influential network of volunteers and meet new people
- The opportunity to be one of the first to hear stories about Crisis’ life changing work
- A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Supporting the tutor during the class with hand-outs, activities etc.
- Supporting members in their learning. This includes building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Following the direction of the tutor.
- Assisting tutor with resources and the completion of teaching related paperwork
- Welcoming new members
The skills & experience we are looking for
- Experience of supporting people in a classroom or arts setting would be beneficial but not essential.
- An ability to follow direction and take the initiative as and when required.
- A patient, friendly and sensitive personality.
- Good time keeping and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- Have a creative and flexible approach.
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness