Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are dedicated to ending homelessness by delivering life-changing services and campaigning for change.
We recognise that leaving homelessness for good can transform lives. We help people achieve and enjoy good health and wellbeing, stable housing, financial security and work, and positive relationships and social networks.
We work alongside our Skylight members (people using our services who chose to join us) and offer a range of activities. These include arts and mindfulness classes, accredited learning, and one-to-one support and coaching.
We work with every person on their own terms, and at their own pace, to help them overcome challenges they face and begin their journey out of homelessness.
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Contributing to the generation of vital funds for Crisis, raising money which will pay for services such as one to one support from a Work and Learning Coach or a hot meal at our Christmas events. You will do this by working in partnership with our Regional Fundraising Executive to organise and support events in aid of Crisis.
What you will gain
- Fundraising experience in a national organisation
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to work with staff and fellow volunteers during the year and an invite to our member celebrations where you can help us recognise the achievements of our members
- Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss how your volunteering is going and what other opportunities and training may be available to you together with an induction
- A platform for building confidence
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Researching fundraising opportunities via the internet and reading through local media sources
- Providing event support as and when we hold events including sending out invitations, working alongside the Regional Fundraising Executive to prepare for events, on the day support and sending out thank you letters
- Supporting collection boxes at events
- Promoting Crisis fundraising opportunities in the local community
- Counting donations
Who we are looking for
- Confident talking on the phone and in person with potential supporters
- Interest and experience in organising events (desirable)
- Ability to work with data on excel
- Strong research skills with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations based on the information gathered
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Non-judgmental, patient and friendly
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness