Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are committed to ending homelessness.
Every day we see the devastating impact homelessness has on people’s lives. Every year we work side by side with thousands of homeless people, to help them rebuild their lives and leave homelessness behind for good.
Through our pioneering research into the causes and consequences of homelessness and the solutions to it, we know what it will take to end it.
Together with others who share our resolve, we bring our knowledge, experience and determination to campaign for the changes that will solve the homelessness crisis once and for all.
We bring together a unique volunteer effort each Christmas, to bring warmth, companionship and vital services to people at one of the hardest times of the year, and offer a starting point out of homelessness.
We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Role outline and the difference you will make
We produce a magazine called ‘The Merseysiders’. The magazine is run by our clients and is open for everyone to contribute. We would like the help of a volunteer support our clients in all aspects of putting together the magazine. We would also like the successful applicant to put together the final version of the magazine using Microsoft Publisher.
What you will gain
• The opportunity to be part of an influential network of volunteers and meet new people
• A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
• Full training to be able to carry out the role
• Practical work experience in office administration
• Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
Core tasks and what you will achieve
• Support our members in all aspects of putting the magazine together, working towards a printing deadline
• Attending a monthly editing session with clients
• Gathering articles for submission
• Editing the final edition of the magazine
• Promoting the magazine sessions to new members
The skills and experience we are looking for
1. IT skills including Microsoft Word and Publisher
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Supporting the collection of data and appropriate information
4. Supporting evaluation collection
5. Work well as part of a team and on own initiative
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
• Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
• To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
• Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness