Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are determined to end homelessness. We do it person by person and by influencing policies to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
Homelessness is devastating, leaving people vulnerable and isolated.
Crisis offers ground-breaking housing, health, education and employment services. We work with thousands of homeless people across the UK every year. We are determined campaigners. We draw on our research, partnerships and years of experience of working directly with homeless people to deliver change and a vision to end homelessness for good.
Role outline and the difference you will make
A Volunteering Assistant is required to support our Volunteer Coordinator with all aspects of our volunteering programme.
Crisis volunteers support our learning and progression services, fundraising, housing, and policy teams, help us to run our events programme, and are vital to the delivery of Crisis at Christmas. Our volunteers come from all different backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the diverse nature of our volunteering programme, this role will be varied and the volunteer will be required to work under their own initiative, as well as completing tasks assigned by their supervisor.
What you will gain
- Develop skills in volunteer management
- Gain experience communicating with people from diverse backgrounds through formal training and experience
- Promote Crisis’ work by enabling people to get involved in many aspects of the charity
- The opportunity to be part of an influential network of volunteers and meet new people
- The opportunity to be one of the first to hear stories about Crisis’ life changing work
- A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
This role could also provide experience of induction and training, group facilitation and recruitment/interviewing for the right candidate.
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Provide admin support for all aspects of volunteering (recruitment, training, retention, recognition, gathering feedback etc)
- Support volunteering events, training and induction sessions
- Inspire and engage volunteers to support Crisis (including recruitment/volunteer fairs)
- Promote volunteering opportunities at Crisis at Christmas and throughout the year
- Keep up to date with Crisis’ key messages, speaker resources, fundraising initiatives and news through the online volunteer hub
- There will also be opportunities to work on other Crisis events (member celebrations etc) and work on the Christmas project with other volunteers
The skills & experience we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident in the use of Microsoft word packagesFlexibility in terms of the tasks you are asked to undertake
- Ability to follow instructions and also take the initiative when required
- A clear interest in, and knowledge about, the work that Crisis does
- Enthusiasm, patience and respect for others
- Good time keeping, attendance and listening skills
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness