Crisis Skylight Newcastle
Crisis Skylight Newcastle is dedicated to ending homelessness. We offer a wide range of activities and accredited courses, as well as advice and support to help people into a home, training and employment.
If you are homeless, have been homeless in the last two years or you are at risk of losing your home, don’t be alone – we are here to help.
Skylight Newcastle offers a range of services to support people to find a home, build confidence, skills and move on into employment.
We do this by offering the following services.
- Progression Teams helping people recover from the trauma of homelessness by giving one-to-one support
- Health & Wellbeing Team providing group and one to one support and counselling tohelp people to regain confidence and recover from the trauma of homelessness.
- Housing Team will help people to find and keep a home.
- Skills and Learning Team providing specialist training in practical skills and occupations, helping people prepare for work.
- Employment Team work tirelessly with employers to get people back to work and provide ongoing support to sustain employment.
How to become a member
If you are homeless or vulnerably housed, would like to get involved in a range of exciting activities or wish to access our courses that will help you into training and employment, please attend our duty session each day, Monday to Friday 1pm to 4pm.
I am homeless or at risk of losing my home can you help me?
Yes. Monday to Friday 1pm to 4pm our progression team will be on hand to offer you advice and support. Crisis does not have accommodation. However, we can give you advice on your housing options and support to access a home where possible. If you have a home but you feel you may be at risk of being asked to leave – please seek advice as soon as possible. We may be able to offer you advice and support and speak to your landlord on your behalf to ensure you can keep your home.
- Crisis at Christmas Newcastle 2015
- Fundraise for Crisis Skylight Newcastle
- Visit our Cafe
- Volunteer at Crisis Skylight Newcastle
Crisis clients attend Youth Homelessness Parliament
15.03.16| Topics: none
Young people who have received support from Crisis in Merseyside and Newcastle have attended the annual Youth Homeless Parliament at the House of Commons.
Sessional tutor opportunities
At Crisis Skylight Newcastle we employ sessional tutors to deliver our classes. If you are interested in becoming a sessional tutor with Crisis please download our application pack (see below) and send the completed application to the Education Team NewcastleTutorRecruitment@crisis.org.uk
Information on our plans for the future, annual reports, who funds us and other facts and figures.