Volunteer in London
Volunteering year-round in London
Volunteering vacancies in London take place at Crisis Skylight London, our education, training and employment centre for homeless people, and in Crisis' corporate offices.
Crisis Shops Volunteering
Crisis is planning to open its first shop in Bow this November primarily selling donated goods sourced from the community.
Crisis will work with local communities and volunteers to develop shops that:
- Customers like
- Engage people with the Crisis mission
- Advocate for homeless people across the UK
- Provide opportunities for Crisis' members to gain work experience in various aspects of retail, build self-confidence, sell arts and crafts and be active in the community in which they live
- Extend the reach of the Crisis brand and directly support our fundraising and campaigning initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for volunteers to assist in the shop, for more information please download the Retail Assistant role description.
Crisis Head Office volunteering
Trusts Assistant Volunteer
The Trusts and Statutory (T&S) Team work to secure grants/donations from Charitable Trusts and Foundations, and Statutory sources, such as central government departments and local authorities.
The Trusts Assistant will primarily work on our Medium Trusts Research project, which will culminate in applications to around 100 Charitable Trusts and Foundations. The project income target is £50,000.
For more information on this role please download the Trusts Assistant Role Description.
If you are interested in this role please complete the application form and email it to email@example.com or send it to: The Volunteering Dept, Crisis, 66 Commercial St, London, E1 6LT by the closing date of 15 December 2014.
Crisis Skylight London volunteering
Crisis Skylight London is an award winning and dynamic education, training and employment centre for homeless and vulnerably housed people.
It offers practical and creative workshops in an accessible and inspiring environment together with formal learning opportunities that lead to qualifications and can help people to find work. Employment and training is the single most important route out of homelessness.
A wide range of learning opportunities includes art, music and drama, vocational courses and basic skills training to help people feel better about themselves, develop new skills and motivation.
We currently do not have any volunteering roles in London Skylight, however we update this page regularly so please do keep checking. Thank you!
Volunteer roles on offer change all the time
You may want to:
- Bookmark this page to be able to check future volunteering opportunities, you can also sign up for our supporter e-newsletter, to keep up to date with news and campaigns at Crisis
- Have a look at the booklet about different areas of volunteering at Crisis, likely to come up in the near future
- Have a look at the roles available in other homelessness organisations
- Or go back to the main volunteer page