Volunteer in London
Volunteering vacancies in London take place at Crisis Skylight London, our education, training and employment centre for homeless people, and in Crisis' corporate offices.
Volunteers needed for the Square Mile Run Series
This summer, 2,500 runners will take to the streets of London and race to end homelessness in our annual Square Mile Run series.
The Crisis Square Mile Relay is on Thursday 5 June and the Crisis Square Mile Run is on Thursday 12 June. We need your help to make this happen!
On both days we need
- Route Marshalls: Providing directional assistance, to help ensure the safety of runners and provide lots of encouragement throughout the route!
- Site Stewards: Registering runners, handing out t-shirts, staffing the baggage area, directing runners and handing out water!
Find out more at www.crisis.org.uk/smr
If you would like to volunteer, please get in touch with the Square Mile Run Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7036 2879
Crisis Head Office volunteering
Square Mile Run Logistics Volunteer
This Crisis Square Mile Run series is the biggest annual charity fun run in the City, which is is set to take place on Thursday 5th June and Thursday 12th June 2014.
We are looking for a volunteer to work within Crisis’ busy events and community team, supporting the Challenge Events Executive to plan and deliver the logistical elements of the Crisis Square Mile Run series.
For more information on this role please download the SMR Logistics Volunteer role description.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete the application form and email it to email@example.com or send it to The Volunteering Department, Crisis, 66 Commercial Street. London, E1 6LT by the closing date of 17 April 2014.
Crisis Skylight London volunteering
Crisis Skylight London is an award winning and dynamic education, training and employment centre for homeless and vulnerably housed people.
It offers practical and creative workshops in an accessible and inspiring environment together with formal learning opportunities that lead to qualifications and can help people to find work. Employment and training is the single most important route out of homelessness.
A wide range of learning opportunities includes art, music and drama, vocational courses and basic skills training to help people feel better about themselves, develop new skills and motivation.
Maintenance Assistant Volunteer
The General Maintenance Officer (GMO) maintains the premises and facilities of Crisis. The GMO is responsible for the day to day activities of the Crisis London premises and ensures that it operates in a safe and competent environment, in compliance with the Health and Safety policies.
We are currently recruiting for a volunteer to assist the GMO with the day to day running of Crisis London.
For more information on this role please download the Maintenance Assistant Volunteer role description.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to The Volunteering Department, Crisis, 66 Commercial Street. London, E1 6LT by the closing date of 23 April 2014.
Volunteer roles on offer change all the time
You may want to:
- Take a look at volunteering opportunities at Crisis Skylight Bermondsey
- Bookmark this page to be able to check future volunteering opportunities, you can also sign up for our supporter e-newsletter, to keep up to date with news and campaigns at Crisis
- Have a look at the booklet about different areas of volunteering at Crisis, likely to come up in the near future
- Have a look at the roles available in other homelessness organisations
- Or go back to the main volunteer page