Hundreds access Crisis at Christmas services
As doors close for Crisis at Christmas 2010 Crisis statistics reveal hundreds of homeless people have accessed services this year.
The scale of Crisis at Christmas 2010 is revealed by the following early figures collated by Crisis' Christmas team.
- 500 people slept each night at one of four residential centres
- Up to 850 people a day used our Day Centres
- 670 healthcare consultations
- 280 guests accessed dentistry
- 235 Guests received podiatry
- 255 guests visited the opticians
- 307 people got involved in arts and crafts activities
- 1,884 Internet café sessions
- 338 sports and games participants
All of these services were provided by some 8,000 volunteers who gave up their time over Christmas – we are very grateful to all of them as well as to the many companies, organisations and individuals who donated buildings, food, resources, their services and made financial contributions.