Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor
A five year project tracking the impact of policy change and economic developments in the UK.
A longitudinal study of housing wellbeing in the private rented sector Crisis
Universal Credit FAQs
Answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about the Government's new benefit system.
Latest Policy & Research
Response to government: Crisis response to the WCA: Year 5 Independent Review
Crisis submission of evidence to the fifth independent review of the Work Capability Assessment.
- Crisis' briefing: Homelessness (Sep, 2014)
- Crisis response to the WCA: Year 5 Independent Review (Aug, 2014)
- Crisis' Private Rented Sector Access Development Programme Final Evaluation Report (Jun, 2014)
- Crisis Skylight An Evaluation. Year One Interim Report (Jun, 2014)
- Crisis response to the SSAC consultation on the government?s proposal to extend benefit waiting days (Jun, 2014)