Policy & Research
In over 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor
A five year project tracking the impact of policy change and economic developments in the UK.
Dashed hopes, lives on hold
Single homeless people's experiences of the Work Programme - research conducted by Crisis
Universal Credit FAQs
Answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about the Government's new benefit system.
Latest Policy & Research
Research report: A roof over my head
The final report of the Sustain project. Sustain: A longitudinal study of housing outcomes and wellbeing in private rented accommodation.
Response to government: Crisis' response to the Draft London Housing Strategy
Crisis' response to the consultation on the London Mayor's new Housing Strategy.
- A roof over my head (Feb, 2014)
- Crisis' response to the Draft London Housing Strategy (Feb, 2014)
- Shut Out campaign briefing (Feb, 2014)
- Updated: Shared Accommodation Rate Q&A (Jan, 2014)
- Crisis' response to the Independent review of Jobseeker's Allowance sanctions call for information (Jan, 2014)