Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness in the England..
Exploring the experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Crisis' latest research examines the link between benefit sanctions and homelessness.
Latest Policy & Research
Policy briefing: Housing Benefit for 18 to 21 year olds
A joint briefing from the homelessness sector calling for access to housing benefit to be maintained for 18 to 21 year olds who need help with their housing costs.
Response to government: Consultation on a new tenancy for the private rented sector-Scotland
Second Scottish consultation on a new tenancy for the private rented sector.
- Housing Benefit for 18 to 21 year olds (May, 2015)
- Consultation on a new tenancy for the private rented sector-Scotland (May, 2015)
- The reconnection of rough sleepers within the UK: an evaluation (Apr, 2015)
- Evaluation of the Sharing Solutions programme (Mar, 2015)
- Sharing in Scotland: Supporting young people who are homeless on the Shared Accommodation Rate (Mar, 2015)