Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
- The Crisis blog: conversations on matters related to homelessness
The homelessness monitor 2016
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness across the UK.
Better than Cure?
Unpicks the reduction in public spending that would occur if homelessness is prevented.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Response to government: Crisis response to the Work, Health and Disability Green Paper
Crisis welcomes the Government?s direction of travel on better integrating health and employment support services to provide tailored support that recognises and addresses an individual?s needs. We believe however that support to address housing need must also be incorporated into this model if it is to effectively support those who experience both health and housing related barriers to work, given that these are often experienced alongside one another.
- Crisis response to the Work, Health and Disability Green Paper (Feb, 2017)
- Crisis NLA RLA Home campaign briefing (Feb, 2017)
- Crisis Skylight Final Report of the University of York Evaluation (Feb, 2017)
- Ending homelessness faster by focusing on 'what works'. Towards a world-leading centre for homelessness impact: Outline business case and feasibility study (Jan, 2017)
- "It's no life at all" Rough sleepers' experiences of violence and abuse on the streets of England and Wales (Dec, 2016)