Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
- The Crisis blog: conversations on matters related to homelessness
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness across the UK.
At what cost?
Explores the costs to the public purse when single homelessness is not prevented early.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Response to government: Crisis response to the DCLG consultation on Pay to Stay: Fairer rents in social housing
Response to the DCLG consultation about "pay to stay" proposals.
Response to government: Crisis' submission to Public Bill Committee of the Immigration Bill
Crisis' submission to the Public Bill Committee of the Immigration Bill outlining our concerns on part 2 of the Bill- Residential tenancies.
- Crisis response to the DCLG consultation on Pay to Stay: Fairer rents in social housing (Nov, 2015)
- Crisis' submission to Public Bill Committee of the Immigration Bill (Nov, 2015)
- Crisis' submission to Public Bill Committee of the Housing and Planning Bill (Nov, 2015)
- Crisis' second reading briefing for the Housing and Planning Bill (Oct, 2015)
- Stage 1 evidence on the Scottish Private Tenancies Bill (Oct, 2015)