Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
Exploring the experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Universal Credit FAQs
Answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about the Government's new benefit system.
Latest Policy & Research
Response to government: Crisis response to the Government consultation on the local government finance settlement 2015-16
This report provides the first ever profile of single homeless people across England, Wales and Scotland. Drawing on interviews with nearly 500 homeless people across 16 local authorities, it shows the reasons people first become homeless and asks what lessons can be learnt from the approaches taken by the different countries.
- Crisis response to the Government consultation on the local government finance settlement 2015-16 (Jan, 2015)
- Nations apart? Experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain. (Dec, 2014)
- Move Up, Move On at Crisis Skylight Birmingham Evaluation Report (Dec, 2014)
- Crisis response to a new tenancy for the private rented sector in Scotland (Dec, 2014)
- Crisis response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry into sanction (Dec, 2014)