Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
- The Crisis blog: conversations on matters related to homelessness
The homelessness monitor 2017
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness across the UK.
Better than Cure?
Unpicks the reduction in public spending that would occur if homelessness is prevented.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Research report: The homelessness monitor: England 2017
The Homelessness Monitor: England 2017 is the sixth annual report of an independent study, funded by Crisis and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, of the homelessness impacts of recent economic and policy developments in England. It considers both the consequences of the post-2007 economic and housing market recession, and the subsequent recovery, and also the impact of policy changes.
Policy briefing: Joint briefing on the Homelessness Reduction Bill second reading
Joint briefing from homelessness charities Centrepoint, Crisis, DePaul, Homeless Link, Housing Justice and St Mungo's for the second reading of the Homelessness Reduction Bill debate in the Lords
- The homelessness monitor: England 2017 (Mar, 2017)
- Joint briefing on the Homelessness Reduction Bill second reading (Feb, 2017)
- Crisis response to the Work, Health and Disability Green Paper (Feb, 2017)
- Crisis NLA RLA Home campaign briefing (Feb, 2017)
- Crisis Skylight Final Report of the University of York Evaluation (Feb, 2017)