Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
- The Crisis blog: conversations on matters related to homelessness
The homelessness monitor 2016
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness across the UK.
At what cost?
Explores the costs to the public purse when single homelessness is not prevented early.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Other document: The homelessness legislation: An independent review of the legal duties owed to homeless people
During Summer 2015 Crisis established an independent panel of experts from across the housing and homelessness sector, including lawyers, an academic, local authorities and housing association sector representatives, as well as homelessness charities, to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current homelessness legislation in England.
- The homelessness legislation: An independent review of the legal duties owed to homeless people (Apr, 2016)
- The homelessness monitor: Great Britain 2016 (Apr, 2016)
- Crisis response to CLG Committee inquiry into homelessness (Mar, 2016)
- Crisis' manifesto to end homelessness (Mar, 2016)
- Home. No less will do: Improving access to private renting for single homeless people (Feb, 2016)