Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
- The Crisis blog: conversations on matters related to homelessness
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness in the England.
At what cost?
Explores the costs to the public purse when single homelessness is not prevented early.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Response to government: Response to the Scottish Parliament Welfare Committee Inquiry into the future delivery of social security in Scotland
Policy briefing: Preventing and tackling single homelessness briefing
Briefing on the Homelessness Prevention Grant/
- Response to the Scottish Parliament Welfare Committee Inquiry into the future delivery of social security in Scotland (Sep, 2015)
- Preventing and tackling single homelessness briefing (Sep, 2015)
- Support for housing costs for young people (Sep, 2015)
- Crisis' submission to the Addiction and Obesity review (Sep, 2015)
- Welfare Reform and Work Bill evidence submission (Sep, 2015)