Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness in the England..
Exploring the experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Universal Credit FAQs
Answers to some of the more frequently asked questions about the Government's new benefit system.
Latest Policy & Research
Policy briefing: Housing Benefit for 18 to 21 year olds
Crisis and Shelter briefing: access to housing benefit for 18 to 21 year olds
- Crisis' briefing: Homelessness (Feb, 2015)
- Housing Benefit for 18 to 21 year olds (Feb, 2015)
- The homelessness monitor: England 2015 (Feb, 2015)
- Crisis response to the Government consultation on the local government finance settlement 2015-16 (Jan, 2015)
- Nations apart? Experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain. (Dec, 2014)