Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness in the England..
Exploring the experiences of single homeless people across Great Britain.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Crisis' latest research examines the link between benefit sanctions and homelessness.
Latest Policy & Research
Research report: Evaluation of the Sharing Solutions programme
The report evaluates the Sharing Solutions programme funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and run for 18 months from 2013 until 2015. The programme aimed to increase the amount of shared accommodation for those subject to the Shared Accommodation Rate (SAR) of the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) as well as improve the way in which schemes supported both tenants in shared accommodation and landlords letting their properties out to sharers.
Research report: Sharing in Scotland: Supporting young people who are homeless on the Shared Accommodation Rate
Crisis has conducted interviews in seven case study areas with local authority and third sector stakeholders to understand what assistance they are providing to help young, single homeless people eligible for the Shared Accommodation Rate to secure and sustain shared accommodation, and what further support they would like to offer.
- Evaluation of the Sharing Solutions programme (Mar, 2015)
- Sharing in Scotland: Supporting young people who are homeless on the Shared Accommodation Rate (Mar, 2015)
- Benefit sanctions and homelessness: a scoping report (Mar, 2015)
- Crisis' briefing: Homelessness (Feb, 2015)
- Housing Benefit for 18 to 21 year olds (Feb, 2015)