Policy & Research
With more than 40 years of work, we've built up a huge body of expertise and experience directly influencing policy and practice in a number of areas. We also deliver and commission research to better understand the causes and nature of homelessness.
- See our policy briefings and consultation responses
- Find out about our research and download the reports
- See our policy and research in Scotland
- Subscribe to our policy news bulletin
- Get alerts when new research is published
- Take action, help Crisis campaign for change
The homelessness monitor 2015
Tracking the impacts of policy and economic change on homelessness in the England.
At what cost?
Explores the costs to the public purse when single homelessness is not prevented early.
Exploring the quality of assistance single homeless people receive from councils across England.
Latest Policy & Research
Research report: At what cost? An estimation of the financial costs of single homelessness in the UK
Crisis' latest publication explores the costs of homelessness to the public purse when it is not prevented early.
Policy briefing: About Homelessness briefing- Scotland
A briefing with key facts and statistics on homelessness in Scotland
- At what cost? An estimation of the financial costs of single homelessness in the UK (Jul, 2015)
- About Homelessness briefing- Scotland (Jun, 2015)
- About Homelessness briefing (Jun, 2015)
- Crisis response to the GLA's consultation on the rough sleeping commissioning framework 2016-20 (Jun, 2015)
- Crisis response on the Code of Guidance to Local Authorities in Wales on the allocation of accommodation and homelessness (Jun, 2015)