Cymdeithas Gofal - The Care Society - Bond Scheme
The Care Society Bond scheme originated in 1999 and operates throughout Ceredigion from offices in Aberystwyth and Cardigan. We offer help in finding safe, comfortable, clean and affordable accommodation in the private sector to people who are homeless or facing homelessness or living in unsuitable conditions.
A Bond Certificate covers damage to a property – other than normal wear and tear. It does not cover rent arrears. For all bond scheme tenancies, we make a record of the condition of the property and take an inventory at the start of the tenancy. The record and inventory would then be referred to in the event of a claim being made against the Bond. A Bond cannot be granted if a tenancy agreement has already been signed.
Who is eligible?
Anyone who is homeless or might be facing homelessness.
Anybody needing help in order to move into accommodation can get in touch with the Bond scheme. We will interview them and offer advice and assistance on all tenancy matters including:
- Affordability and suitability
- Help with tenancy matters
- Discussions with landlords
- Providing a Bond Guarantee (non-cash Bond Certificate) for those who meet the criteria
- Help with Homelessness presentation, the Housing Register and Local Housing Allowance Applications
- Help in getting funding for rent advances
- Checking correct benefits are being claimed
- Referral to our Tenancy Support team or signposting to other agencies who can deal with specific matters
- Ongoing support for both tenants and landlords to help ensure the success of the tenancy
- Condition of properties.
How are referrals made
Self referral permitted.
Tenants can be referred through our Bond Scheme Coordinators (see end of page for contact details) or contact the following departments in your Local Authority: Housing Department, Probation or Social Services.
- A non-cash Bond Certificate
- A written and photographic inventory
- An assurance that a Local Housing Allowance Application is completed and submitted
- Advice and assistance on matters that may affect you as a landlord
- Ongoing support to both tenant and landlord and intervention as a mediator if requested
- Based on our considerable landlord/tenant experience, we are also able to offer a professional Property Management Service and cost effective in-house Property Maintenance Service
Location of landlord's properties
Rural mid Wales
Organisation: The Care Society
Type of organisation: Registered Charity
Last updated: 29/07/2020 16:49
Local Authority: Ceredigion County Council