Terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions
1.2 Using or accessing the Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms, including English law as the governing law and the courts of England as the exclusive forum for all disputes relating to the Website. You may not use or access the Website if you do not accept these Terms, and your use of the Website will be construed as acceptance of these Terms. These Terms are to be read together with any other terms, conditions and disclaimers provided in the pages of the Website. In the event of any conflict, the terms, conditions and disclaimers provided in the pages of the Website shall prevail over these Terms.
1.3 Crisis UK reserves the right to add to or change these Terms at any time without notice by updating this posting and it is your responsibility to review the Terms regularly. Your continued use of the Website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms as modified.
1.4 If you are outside the United Kingdom, you must ensure that you may lawfully access the Website under any applicable laws before accessing the Website further. Crisis UK does not guarantee that the Website or the information thereon complies with any laws outside of the United Kingdom. Crisis UK shall have no liability in respect of your failure to do this.
1.5 You are wholly responsible for use of the Website by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms.
1.6 As a condition of your use of the Website, you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
2.1 Crisis UK or its licensors own the copyright, database right and any other rights in all material on the Website (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics and software).
2.2 Subject to these Terms, you may download, view, store and print any part of the Website intended for public viewing for your own personal use. You may not use the Website or any material contained herein for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise. You may not, in any form or by any means including, but not limited to, by electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording, copy, adapt, modify, edit, republish, sell, license, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish or process the Website or the contents thereof without Crisis UK's (and/or its licensor's) prior written consent. If you download, store or print any of the contents of the Website (for your own personal use), you must ensure that each notice which appears on any webpage or document is included in the copy or printout.
2.3 Without prejudice to the generality of clause 2.2 you must not reproduce or store any part of the Website in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the prior permission of Crisis UK in writing (and of any licensor if applicable).
2.4 No documents or related graphics on the Website are to be modified in any way. Graphics (including logos) are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
2.5 Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
3. Trade Marks
3.1 The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Website are the registered or unregistered intellectual property of Crisis UK and/or of other third parties.
3.2 No unauthorised use (including but not limited to unauthorised copying or adaptation) of any Mark, or of any trade or service mark that is confusingly similar to any Mark, may be made without the prior written permission of Crisis UK or the third party proprietor of such Mark. Any unauthorised use of a Mark, or use of a trade or service mark that is identical or confusingly similar to any Mark, may constitute an infringement of the legal rights of the Mark's proprietor.
3.3 Nothing contained in these Terms or on the Crisis UK Website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under the Marks. You are prohibited from implying that you are connected or associated with the Marks.
4. Website content and exclusions of liability
4.1 Crisis UK accepts no duty to place information on the Website, nor to update or correct any information which may be published on the Website. Equally, Crisis UK may in its absolute discretion edit, amend or remove any information, material or content on the Website at any time without notice.
4.2 Whilst Crisis UK seeks to provide accurate information on the Website, Crisis UK neither makes nor gives any representations or warranties, express or implied, about the Website or any material, information or hypertext links on the Website, including as to, but not limited to, accuracy, completeness, legality, suitability for purpose, functionality, reliability, availability, legibility, speed of download or access, or timeliness.
4.3 Part of the Website may contain material submitted to Crisis UK by third parties. Crisis UK cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material and reserves the right at its absolute discretion to omit, suspend or change any material submitted without giving notice.
4.4 Crisis UK shall not be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential losses, or any other damages or loss of profits whatsoever, arising directly or indirectly in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of or inability to use the Website (or any hypertext links to or from the Website), or any information contained (or not contained) in the Website (or any other website to which hypertext links to or from the Website may exist).
5. Internet use
5.1 Crisis UK does not warrant or offer any assurance that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or the network through which you access the Website, that the Website is free of errors, or that the use of the Website will not lead to viruses, "Trojan horses", "worms", or similar destructive software accessing your computer equipment. Crisis UK shall not be liable for any damage which you may suffer as a result of such errors or viruses. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer equipment has appropriate security and virus protection features, for your own protection and to protect Crisis UK's information technology systems and the Website.
5.2 Crisis UK does not warrant that use of this Website will be uninterrupted. It may become unavailable in part or in whole at any time, for any period, and without prior notice. Crisis UK may in its absolute discretion modify or discontinue all or any part of, or facility provided by, the Website.
5.3 Given the inherent insecurity of the Internet, the security, authenticity and confidentiality of any information on the Website cannot be guaranteed.
6.1 You shall ensure the accuracy, truth, lawfulness and decency of the content of your emails or any other material which you send to Crisis UK or post or attempt to post on the Website. You shall ensure that any such e-mail or material is free from any indecent, obscene, offensive, defamatory or fraudulent statement. You agree to indemnify Crisis UK for any losses, costs, expenses or liabilities which Crisis UK may incur as a result of your breach of this clause.
6.2 Crisis UK may filter, edit, refuse to post or delete any e-mail or material sent to Crisis UK or which is posted or is attempted to be posted on or through the Website without notice and in its absolute discretion. Crisis UK does not accept any liability for any material posted on the site by a third party.
6.2 There is no guarantee that an email to Crisis UK or information submitted via the Website will be received by Crisis UK. You may prefer to contact Crisis UK by alternative means.
7. Links to other websites
7.1 The inclusion of a link in the Website to any other website does not imply any endorsement of any products, services, information or material offered or accessible on, or of any person connected with, any such other website. The content of such linked websites is beyond the control of Crisis UK. The links are provided for information only with no warranty, express or implied, as to any aspect of those websites. You proceed entirely at your own risk in accessing or using any such other website, and Crisis UK shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or in any other way in connection with the linking.
7.2 No framing of the Website or of any page of or Material on the Website is permitted.
8.1 The invalidity or unenforceability in any jurisdiction of any of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other of these Terms. If any term is invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed to be amended to the minimum extent required to render such term valid or enforceable, such amendment to be determined by Crisis UK.
8.2 Nothing in these Terms restricts or excludes any liability which Crisis UK may have in respect of personal injury, death, its own fraud, or any liability which cannot be lawfully excluded under English law.
8.3 Crisis UK may transfer its rights and obligations in respect of any matter relating to the Website to a third party. You may not transfer any rights and obligations which you may have under these Terms.
Text to donate terms and conditions
1. Crisis receives 100% of your donation.
2. As well as the relevant donation value, each text message will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). This service can only be used from a UK mobile and does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges.
3. Where calls to donate are associated with challenges, your donations are independent of the success or failure of the challenge.
4. If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. And it doesn't cost you a penny - just give us your details! To help us claim this, we may send you a follow up text to ask if you want to claim Gift Aid on your donation. For us to claim Gift Aid, you must pay UK income or capital gains tax this year (this does not include VAT or council tax) at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your charitable donations. Find out more about Gift Aid. We may include a link in the text message, and if you follow the link you will be taken to a website to complete the Gift Aid declaration. Please read the details carefully before submission.
5. Your information will be collected by Instagiv Limited on behalf of Crisis and will only be used for processing your donation, providing receipts and sending payment admin text messages, and in order to help analyse our income. It will not be used for any other purposes. Any additional information provided as part of the Gift Aid declaration will only be used for the purpose of claiming Gift Aid, unless you provide consent for us to contact you in other ways. Your data will only be used by Crisis and our agents and will NOT be passed onto any third parties. Please note, if you already receive information from Crisis we will continue to send it unless you tell us otherwise. You can change your contact preferences at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 08000 384838.
6. If your keyword or short code is invalid, or if your message is received outside the times and dates of the service, you may not receive a confirmation text message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. If no confirmation text message is received, you will not be charged the donation value by Crisis as you will not be donating to the charity.
7. You will also be charged standard network message charges for text messages you send to us which you do not send to us in order to make a donation. For example, if a confirmation message tells you how you can receive further information from us by text message by sending a different keyword to a different short code and you choose to do this you will be charged for this message.
8. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, but your text message is sent to the correct short code, you may still be charged the donation value via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to Crisis.
9. If you send a text message outside of any promotion dates, you may still be charged the donation value via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to Crisis.
10. On some mobile networks you can only donate by text up to a maximum total donation of £30 per day. If you exceed your daily allowance, you will not be able to donate more from the same number on the same day, but you may still incur your standard network message charge if you try.
11. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
12. Crisis and their agents cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
13. The text service is provided by Instagiv Ltd. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Instagiv at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to them at The Promenade, Portstewart BT55 7AE or call on the following number: 028 7087 8220 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30).