At Crisis we offer a variety of services to help you find your way out of homelessness.
We can help get you set up for a more stable and secure future
Experiences of homelessness differ from person to person. Crisis defines homelessness as not having a stable and secure place to call home.
EXAMPLES OF TYPES OF HOMELESSNESS
Each type of temporary accommodation has its own rules on access and lengths of stay and may not always be appropriate for the individuals staying in them.
More details about different types of homelessness can be found on the Crisis Knowledge Hub.
If you are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, please get in touch and we will do all we can to support you.
Even if you are not sure, our specialised team will be able to offer information, advice and guidance to ensure you get support from the right place
WORK AND LEARNING
We will help you build your confidence, motivation and help you reach your employment goal. You will receive:
• Support from a dedicated coach who will work with you towards your goals including opportunities to increase your employability skills through OCNWM accreditations
• Support with job applications, CV writing and interview preparation.
• Access to courses through Crisis and external providers.
Progression Coach - one to one and coaching support to remove barriers and end homelessness:
• Support with exploring housing options, including local authority, private rented and housing association accommodation.
• Information, advice and guidance around welfare benefit entitlement/applications and assistance with accessing specialist support.
• General advice and guidance around Mental Health, Training & Volunteering, Health & Wellbeing, Drug & Alcohol, including support to access specialist services.
Housing coach - specialist housing advice, support and guidance including help to access private rented accommodation:
• Advice and support with more complex housing issues and referrals to specialist advice agencies.
• Support with accommodation searches, property viewings and help to negotiate with landlords.
• Support to maintain a tenancy and Renting Ready accredited training.
Since March 2020, Crisis Skylight Birmingham have been offering our member remote learning opportunities in the field of Essential Skills, Smart Skills, Tenancy Skills, Creative Arts, and Health and Well-Being.
Take a look at our timetable to see what we are currently offering
Most of the courses are tailored to individual needs but some group activities/start dates will be tailored based on referral responses.
This is a dynamic programme, and we will be changing/adding courses in response to member needs and lockdown measures.
Crisis Skylight Birmingham have our own dedicate clinical psychologist on the team. Our Clinical Psychologist undertakes psychological clinical practice, working one to one and in groups with our members. They are a valuable resource for mental health support for our members.
If you would like further details, please contact us using the contact form below
All are welcome at Crisis.
Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports,
and celebrates the diverse voices of our members experiencing homelessness.
Crisis is a safe place to come and be yourself.