If you are homeless, have been homeless in the last two years, or are at risk of becoming homeless, we can help you.
To us, homeless means sleeping on the streets or living in a hostel, shelter or refuge. It also means living in supported housing because you have been homeless, sofa surfing, or living with friends/family as you have nowhere else to go. And it can mean living in a B&B, a squat or other temporary accommodation.
What we offer
We offer classes, training and one to one support to help you through your experience out of homelessness. All of our services are free.
A member of our friendly team will offer you personal support, they will listen to your hopes and needs, guide and motivate you, until you get to where you want to be.
Finding work and applying for jobs
- Employability and Job Club classes to help you get ready for work
- Maths, English, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and computer classes to help you get qualifications and get ready for work.
Looking after your health and wellbeing
Being homeless can have an impact on your mental and physical health. We can help rebuild your health and wellbeing through classes, social activities and advice.
- Mental health counselling and support
- Specialist advice and guidance for women
- Wellbeing for Men sessions
- Art, drama, photography, animation, film and music and special art taster sessions where you can try new things out and meet new people too
- Crisis SmartSkills – these classes can help you learn lots of everyday skills including cookery and budgeting and how to become a good tenant and neighbour.
Take a look at our Timetable of classes for full details of dates and locations.
Where and when
Our classes are held in hostels and centres across Birmingham. Some classes are open to everyone. Others are open only to people who attend the hostel or centre where the class is held. Some are for women only.
When you join us you become a member of Crisis Skylight Birmingham. Take a look at information for members to find out about how you can get involved, give us feedback and let us know how we're doing.
Please check with us for details by contacting us using the form below.