Services at Crisis are available to people who are experiencing homelessness
or who are at risk of homelessness. Such as people living in the below
Examples of types of homelessness:
- Rough sleeping
- Sofa surfing
- Living in unconventional buildings such as sheds/garages
- Night/winter shelters
- Temporary accommodation (each type of temporary accommodation has its own rules on access and lengths of stay and may not always be appropriate for the individuals staying in them).
The overall aim of our work is to support people in their journey out of homelessness and towards independence.
More details about different types of homelessness can be found on the Crisis Knowledge Hub.
If you are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, please get in touch and we will do all we can to support you.
Even if you are not sure, our specialised team will be able to offer information, advice and guidance to ensure you get support from the right place
The services we provide are as follows:
- Finding suitable accommodation
- Support with housing issues
- Completing housing applications
- Support with managing and maintaining accommodation
- Support with budgeting
- Applying for relevant benefits
- Accessing specialist services
- Learn a new skill
- Meet new people
- Grow in confidence
- Learn about other people's experiences
If you would like to find out more about the services that are currently on offer, please email us at email@example.com or call 0121 348 7950.
All are welcome at Crisis.
Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports,
and celebrates the diverse voices of our members experiencing homelessness.
Crisis is a safe place to come and be yourself.