Get inspired by some of our recent virtual fundraisers!
Thank you all for your continued support during these uncertain times.
Your fundraising is more important than ever given the current climate.
The generosity and resolve of the public at this time is truly inspiring. So many of you have told us that you are especially worried about the impact of the Corona virus pandemic on people facing homelessness - and want to know what you can do to help.
We have thought of a few ways you can help to ensure you are fundraising safely during the pandemic. Please continue to check the government website to ensure you are up to date with any changes and your fundraising activity is in compliance with the guidelines.
Here are some examples of some of the wonderful fundraising ideas our supporters have come up with:
Crisis Quarantine Marathon - Ashley and Angela managed to raise £1,661 for Crisis by completing a marathon each within their respective flats while in quarantine
United Kingdom Speedrunner Gaming Marathon in aid of Crisis - UKSG raised £1,091.21 with their weekend gaming marathon
Hemingway's Puzzle - Alan Camrose is donating all of the royalties of his short stories to Crisis
Loupe magazine - Loupe Magazine will be donating 100% of their profits from their digital issues, and 50% of their physical issues to Crisis
Some other ideas you can try:
- Giving online lessons and workshops
- Start a fundraising page via Virgin Money Giving/Just Giving which you can share on social media
- Host a virtual pub quiz, ask participants to donate to Crisis
- Host a virtual Houseparty via the HouseParty app
- Register to Step Forward: you can still make every step count if you’re stuck at home, donate some of the money you are saving on your commute, lunch/coffee, or take a stroll around the block if you are feeling fit and well (please ensure you are following government guidelines around social distancing)
- Living room/Bedroom Olympics (Japan has postponed this years Olympics), maybe using Zoom or House Party. You could stream a competition (press ups, kick ups, trash can basketball! etc) between friends and family, making a donation to enter.
Feeling inspired yet?
If you have any questions about fundraising during the pandemic, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org