Skip to main content

Hold a collection

Small change makes a big difference

Holding a collection for Crisis is a simple and effective way to raise funds.

Whether it's on your local high road, at your train station, work or community group, you can collect for Crisis and make a difference for people experiencing homelessness.

If you're already fundraising or planning an event, adding a collection is a great way to boost your fundraising total.

The legal bit

You can only collect using closed tins, so please ensure yours are sealed with the sticker we provide.

Anyone collecting money in public must be over 16.

Collecting on private property

If the collection is to take place on private premises, (e.g. shopping centres, shopping centre car parks, train station forecourts) it is your responsibility to obtain written permission from the site holders or owners.

Collecting on public property

If it is a street or house to house collection or in a public place, you will be required to obtain permission from your local authority, or the Metropolitan Police if it is in London. House- to- house collections also include visits to pubs, offices and factories.

Most councils have details of how to apply for a license on their website. This process can take time, so it's important to plan ahead.

Order a collection tin

If you're planning a collection, you can order a tin and we'll also send you a Crisis Letter of Authority which you'll need to hold your collection. The Letter of Authority will only be valid if you have the right permissions to hold your collection.


Order a tin