Crisis Skylight Oxford is based in the Old Fire Station; we share this building with an arts centre called Arts at the Old Fire Station.
If you are homeless, have been homeless in the last two years, or are at risk of becoming homeless, we can help you.
To us, homeless means sleeping on the streets or living in a hostel, shelter or refuge. It also means living in supported housing because you have been homeless, sofa surfing, or living with friends/family as you have nowhere else to go. And it can mean living in a B&B, a squat or other temporary accommodation.
We offer free practical and creative workshops and one to one support. Many of our classes can lead to qualifications, we also run training schemes with Arts at the Old Fire Station and the Cafe from Crisis where you can gain new skills.
What we offer
Classes and workshops such as:
- Art, drama, creative writing and music production so you can explore new things you might enjoy
- Exercise, yoga and meditation classes where you can relax and strengthen your physical or mental health
- Carpentry and bike maintenance so you can learn new skills and meet people
- A Renting Ready course, for practical tips on how to gain and maintain a tenancy
- English, maths and computer classes to gain qualifications and feel more ready for work.
Take a look the timetable for more about classes.
One to one support to:
- Help you find training and education
- Give you advice about debts, benefits and budgeting
- Support you in finding and keeping a job
- Give you housing advice and help with finding and keeping a home
- Help you find the right support for your mental health needs
- Help you find volunteering work
- Link you to financial grants.
All Crisis Skylights have experienced and skilled staff who give our members one to one support.
Our Café from Crisis training programme is a great way for you to build skills and experience to prepare for catering or customer service jobs. To compliment the practical on the job training, you will also qualifications relevant to the role you choose.
When you join us you become a member of Crisis Skylight Oxford. Take a look at information for members to find out about how you can get involved, give us feedback and let us know how we're doing.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more, or if you are a support worker and would like to refer someone, you can get in touch by filling in the form below and we will get back to you within two working days.