Be an Expert by Experience to support a major Crisis campaign
Crisis will launch a public campaign in late Spring 2021 to bring about policy changes from the UK government to ensure that EEA nationals living here do not become homeless because of their immigration status.
We are determined to put the voice of lived experience at the heart of our work, so we are looking for participants from across Great Britain to make up an Experts by Experience panel. We need nationals of EEA countries with experience of homelessness in the UK to contribute to developing and delivering our policy recommendations and campaign on this issue. Panel Members must have been living in the UK prior to 31 December 2020.
- Meet regularly as a panel of Experts by Experience to discuss and inform the work of Crisis on this campaign.
- Take part in a training and development programme to help them participate fully in the work of the campaign, including as media spokespeople if you are comfortable doing so.
- Use their lived experience to advise Crisis, give a voice to the campaign and ensure that it is relevant to the needs of EEA nationals at risk of homelessness in the UK.
- Coproduce campaign content.
- Be supported to grow into accomplished campaigners in their own right.
- Receive language, data and technology support where needed, and a voucher for each session that they participate in.
We are looking for participants from across Great Britain to make up the Experts by Experience Panel and will be approaching external partners to help us recruit as well as Crisis services.
Meetings, training and events will take place mostly online, though as the effects of the pandemic recede, we will look to support face to face meetings in the future.
We will provide the support and development to help participants grow into the role to become not only advisors on policy, but for those who wish to, campaign spokespeople.
If you are working with EEA nationals who you feel would be interested in getting involved, you can download the role description and application form. These documents are also available in Polish - download the role description in Polish and application form in Polish. Documents can be made available in other languages by request.
Email the completed application to email@example.com no later than 18th February 2021. We will interview suitable applicants in the week beginning 22nd February 2021 via Zoom and will provide translation services where necessary.
We ask Staff members to assist potential Panel Members with an application, maintain your supportive relationship with them and work with us along the way to ensure their experience is a good one.
For an informal chat about the role or to request documents in another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .